Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon Update #2

Still wading through The Ninth Avatar. I'm on page 242 of 374 and still have no idea where this book is going to end up. Although I'm less than impressed by Newton's prose and awkward dialogue, the story itself is a compelling one. As far as villains go, the Carrion are pretty awesome. Very reminiscent of the Borg from Star Trek and I love the Borg.

I'll probably have my review out tomorrow.

Hopefully I can get to The Return of the King today. I've never read fantasy before but who knows - maybe some day I'll move onto some Terry Brooks.

Happy reading everyone!

2 comments:

Kailana said...

Fantasy is a great genre! Maybe not Terry Brooks, but that's just me! lol Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're at least enjoy the story in this one! Keep up the great reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails