Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon Update #1: A Favorite Mini-Challenge

It's been two and a half hours since I started but I've only gotten about 65 pages read of Todd Newton's The Ninth Avatar finished. But I know I'll finish it today.

Anyway, for Hour 3, Bobbie of 'Til We Read Again gives us the following mini-challenge:

Welcome to Hour 3 Mini Challenge. I will be your host:) This challenge is just for fun. Listed below is a series of questions. Please put your nominees for the following categories.

Please list the books in which the characters reside;)

Favorite Female Character in a book: Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell (Does manga count? This is very literary, thoughtful manga.)
Favorite Male Character in a book: Yossarian in Catch-22
Favorite Side Kick in a book: Y.T. in Snow Crash
Favorite Couple in a Book: Potok and Černá in City Sister Silver (They have one of the most beautiful passages I've ever read.)
Favorite Book Series: Lord of the Rings, followed by Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles
Favorite Author: Roberto Bolaño!
Favorite Book Cover: Unforgiving Years by Victor Serge (See it here - totally sums up the atmosphere of the book.)
Favorite Book of 2009: Roberto Bolaño's 2666

Good luck with the read-a-thon everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's hour 3 already! Hope you're having fun!

Frances said...

There is Snow Crash again! Speaking to me lately. My husband just LOVES that book and others as well have been trying to persuade me to read it. Just looks outside my norm but have to consider as so many readers with good taste speak so highly of it.

Just keep reading!

claire said...

Yay Roberto! Happy readathon!

Wendi said...

I hope that you're enjoying your Readathon day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails