Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon START!

It's heeeeeeeeere!

The Dewey 24-Hour Read-a-Thon begins right now (actually, a half an hour ago so I'm a bit late) and I'm psyched to get started! I'll kick things off with the Hour 1 mini-challenge, from your host for the next four hours, Trish. Here we go:

Where are you reading from today?

Mostly my bedroom.

3 facts about me. . .

My favorite genre is translated fiction. I am a total Roberto BolaƱo fangirl. The first two books of The Lord of the Rings are the very first fantasy novels I've ever read; Todd Newton's The Ninth Avatar, which I'll be finishing and hopefully reviewing in the next 24 hours, will be the third.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon?

I don't have any specific plans beyond The Return of the King (for the LOTR read-along) and The Ninth Avatar (for Trapdoor Books). Come to think of it, the last book I reviewed for Trapdoor, incidentally, was also read during a read-a-thon (the one in December). It would be great if I could get this one done too. I've been lagging behind with it.

If you're a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

Not really, no. Just prepare for the possibility of disappointment with your final results. This is my third read-a-thon and hopefully I'll do better this time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
May all the books appeal.
May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

Good luck today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails