Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

This week was a great one!

I got a shout-out from Trapdoor Books for my review on their debut release, David Michie's The Magician of Lhasa. And Michie left a very nice comment saying that my review was the first one out and that he was very pleased with it.

My review for Gert Jonke's The System of Vienna was published by The Front Table on Wednesday.

I finally finished my review for The Wall in My Head.

I'm currently in the middle of Roberto BolaƱo's The Savage Detectives, which is starting to drag. It started out great but now it's just a bunch of random people talking about these two guys running around trying to start a poetry movement called "visceral realism." I'm not giving up on it but I sure hope it picks up again.

I've also gotten an early Christmas present:


A coffee table book called Art Deco: The Golden Age of Graphic Art & Illustration. I'm not allowed to actually have it until Christmas Eve, but I'll be sure to post my favorite pictures as soon as I get through it.

I've also distributed my Amazon wish list so hopefully I'll be getting some great books!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats on your published piece, and your successful dealings with Trapdoor! I loved your review of The System of Vienna, and it confirmed for me how interested I am in reading that book.

Also, that Deco book looks GORGEOUS. Can't wait to peek inside. :-)

Gavin said...

Congratulations on your reviews and what a fabulous looking book that is! I can't wait to see some of the illustrations. Have a great week!

Eileen said...

Emily and Gavin: I can't wait to see the rest of this book either! And I'm glad I gave Jonke some exposure.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I love Art Deco - what a great present. My Bolano arrived this week - I am behind you - I just got 2666 but probably won't start it until January.

Congratulations on your review successes!!!

JoAnn said...

Congrats on the reviews. How will you ever wait until Christmas Eve for Art Deco? It looks wonderful!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

email me at bethany (dot) canfeld (at)gmail.com with your shipping address for your prize: Ian Rankin’s Doors Open

Thanks so much!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails