Thursday, December 3, 2009

December Read-a-Thon












I just found out on Sarah's blog that there is another Read-a-Thon scheduled for this Saturday, December 5, beginning at 6:00 a.m. Although I participated in the Dewey Read-a-Thon back on October 25, I wasn't too satisfied with my results. I didn't push myself nearly as much as I felt I should have.

Plus, my reading has fallen behind as of late, thanks to one very difficult review I've been working on.

So needless to say, I'm very pleased that Dreadlock Girl is hosting another Read-a-Thon, and I absolutely plan on participating. Here's my list!

Roberto BolaƱo's The Savage Detectives
David Michie's The Magician of Lhasa (which I'm reviewing for Trapdoor Books)
Louis Menand's American Studies (one or two essays)
Thomas Nashe's The Unfortunate Traveller (I still haven't finished it from October!)

A short list, but it's some top-notch stuff that I need to catch up on! Must . . . start . . . NAO!!!11!1!

4 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I just decided today I must try to read 2666! So I'll be interested to hear bout The Savage Detectives!

Good luck with this readathon!

Anonymous said...

Yay, looks like a good list. Best of luck!

Corina said...

I hope you enjoy your reading!

tanabata said...

I wasn't terribly pleased with my results for Dewey's read-a-thon in October either, so I'm glad to spend some quality time reading this weekend. Good luck, and happy reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails