Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-a-Thon: Mid-Event Survey

It's been 12 hours since we started! (Actually, we started at 8:00 a.m., so this post is a bit late.) This brings us to the mid-event survey.

What are you reading right now?

I haven't started it yet, but more Thomas Nashe.

How many books have you read so far?

Two short stories by Thomas Mann, one essay by Nashe, some poetry by Sylvia Plath, and 84 pages of Alex de Tocqueville's Democracy in America, plus the introduction.

What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

No book in particular. I'm just excited to be getting this much reading done!

Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Nope. I usually spend most of my weekend reading. On weekdays I'm just too tired when I come home from work.

Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

The only interruptions I've had were those caused by myself. I should've gotten coffee yesterday!

What surprises you most about the Read-a-Thon, so far?

How much support I got. Every time I went to check my email there was a comment!

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-Thon next year?

Nope.

What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

I would concentrate more and not get distracted so easily.

Are you getting tired yet?

HA! I just had FOUR cups of coffee! I should be up for HOURS!

Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

No. If anything, I could probably learn more from others.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four cups of coffee?!? Are you shooting for the full 24 hours? If so, good luck!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Sounds like you're shooting for several days! :--)

Eileen said...

Thank you both SO much for your encouragement throughout this challenge!

kikiv68 said...

I loved reading your comments about the Read-A-Thon. This has been a great event! I can't wait for the next one. I send you happy reading vibes from South Florida.

Related Posts with Thumbnails