Friday, September 19, 2008

Up and Running!

Okay. . .

This is kind of awkward because I'm not quite sure how to begin a blog. Cuz most of the blogs I read, they've already been set up and established and stuff.

So anyway, obviously this is my blog, which I was inspired to set up when a prospective employer disparaged my lack of any writing experience whatsoever. "Do you even have a blog?" she asked incredulously. But the more I thought about, the more I realized that, yes, there have been times when I've written things that I would've liked other people besides my professors to read. And then there's the sad fact that I graduated four months ago and still haven't found a real job. I currently work at a grocery store. Ringing groceries.

What I would like to focus on most here are naturally the things that interest me the most, in addition to any random subjects that may come up in the future. I enjoy history, literature, Star Trek, fashion, interior design, antique shot glasses, and various European Gothic/symphonic metal bands that no one in the United States has ever heard of. You may expect to find these things, and many more, once I get this blog rolling. That is, provided anyone ever actually reads this. I once saw a t-shirt that said, "More people have seen this shirt than have read your lame blog." I'm not sure I can really judge if my blog is lame or not, but I claim to be a writer and have written nothing, which is really sad, so here goes!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails