Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: Plans and Resolutions


It is now officially 2011! This is my first post of the new year and I would like to wish everyone a happy holiday! Did anyone else get Friday off too?

I don't have much in the way of New Years Resolutions. I've been eating very badly since Thanksgiving and, starting to day, have now resumed my regular diet of fruits, vegetables, and organic food. My favorite company is Annie's Homegrown, which has excellent macaroni and cheeses. Great alternative to Kraft!

Blogging-wise, you may have noticed that I am very poor at commenting and responding to comments. I plan on improving in this particular area, which really should have been a New Years Resolution back in 2010. And once again, I have also resolved to read more female authors. Luckily, I will be participating in. . .


Here is the website and reading list. My politics have undergone a big change and I really feel the need to catch up in terms of reading. I have committed to the full twelve months and can't wait to get started.

Another year-long project is my online book club The Wolves.


We began in March 2010 and recently announced our lineup for 2011 (here), starting with my selection of Anzia Yezierska's The Bread Givers for January. As you can see, we have eclectic tastes and are especially fond of translated fiction. Everyone is welcome to join us at any time and we hope to introduce you to some great titles. See you there!

And on to another year of reading!

2010 Retrospective

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year ,looking forward to some of the wolves books ,all the best stu

Sycorax Pine said...

Happy 2011! These sound like marvelous resolutions, and I am particularly intrigued by the year of feminist classics. Going over there to browse right now.

@parridhlantern said...

Best Wishes for the new year. personally trying to cut down on the cheeses, it's been a mountain of Stilton,Camenbert,Kirkham's Lancashire,and various assorted chedders(Keens etc.). So by about now I'me looking at lighter, more asian inspired cuisine.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Good luck on your resolutions! (I never make any since that would virtually guarantee that I would fail!) But yours sound good and very doable!

Happy and Organically Healthy New Year!

Amy said...

Happy New Year! Your book club sounds really interesting. I may have to join in on a few months if I can find the books. All the best in 2011, and thanks for joining the Feminist Classics project too :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 2011 :) The Wolves' selections look interesting as ever (except for that one book that is sure to give me nightmares), I should try and locate some of those titles and join you.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Hope you have a wonderful New Year and read lots of great books in the process :)

Eileen said...

Thanks everyone!

Iris: Would that be House of Leaves? I can't wait to read that one! It's been on my TBR list forever.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! House of Leaves is TRIPPY, so can't wait to read your thoughts on that one!

Gavin said...

Happy New Year! I finally recieved my copy of The Bread Givers and plan on joining in on the conversation at the end of the month.

Emily said...

Yay, sounds like a fantastic 2011, EL Fay. I'm particularly psyched that you'll be doing the Year of Feminist Classics (well I mean obviously I'm also psyched about the Wolves; that goes without saying). I'm not doing the full 12 months but I will be joining in for a number of them so I look forward to the great additions you always make to the conversation!

Related Posts with Thumbnails