Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

Happy Sunday, everyone. I apologize for my continually sketchy blogging and promise I'll be back to normal by the end of this month. I'm still reading I Hotel but will be finished shortly, especially since that review should have been out two months ago. From there, I'll move on to one of the new Open Letter Press offerings I recently received.

In other news, I made my own salsa! A friend of mine has his own garden and his parents have multiple gardens. So he has an abundance of tomatoes and various kinds of peppers. Namely: bell peppers, banana peppers, chili peppers, long hots, and jalapenos! Add onion and garlic, chop everything to tiny pieces, throw in about 1/4 cup of vinegar, simmer on the stove, and eat! I also acquired two acorn squash and a bucketload of pears. Seriously, pear trees are right up there with zucchini and yellow squash in terms of ridiculous yield. The poor plant was ready to collapse under the weight of all that fruit. Anyway, tomorrow it's acorn squash for dinner. Cut in half, cover with butter and brown sugar, and pop in the stove for about a half hour.

Of course, it is now October and we have Halloween coming up! So I thought I'd leave you with something, um . . . adjectives fail me. I found it on Picture is Unrelated and figured that whatever it is, it is certainly creepy enough for the season of scary.



In Soviet Russia, sense doesn’t make this. Seriously, no one with a sense of sense would make this. This had to come from nonsense.

And now for your weekly link round-up:

Can a Woman Be a "Great American Novelist"?

Die Anntwoord And The Politics of "No Means Yes"

Dina Goldstein's Fallen Princesses

"He Spewed Himself Into Her": Rereading The Conqueror

How Women Dress Isn't Just A Personal Choice

Monique Lhullier's Gowns Leave Audience Gasping In Awe

“Rabid”, “obsessed”, and “frenzied”: Understanding Twilight Fangirls and the Gendered Politics of Fandom

Tube Tied: Peggy Olson Enters Oppression Olympics, Falters

4 comments:

Amy said...

omg... that video is... umm.... yeah....

Gavin said...

Creepy, bizarre nonsense. I love it and thanks for the links!

Eileen said...

Amy: That was my reaction as well.

Gavin: "Creepy, bizarre nonsense. . ." Yep, that's putting it very mildly.

Sycorax Pine said...

Wow. Just: wow. That video is *amazing.* Hieronymous Bosch-level amazing. I think I have to watch it again now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails