Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

Season premiere of True Blood TONIGHT at 9:00 on HBO! I don't get HBO but hopefully my illegal Chinese websites won't let me down. While you wile away the hours, you can get your Lafayette on here, look at sexy pictures of Bill and Eric here, find out which TB character you are here, and watch the Season 3 trailer here!

After that, I promise it will be back to our regular programming. I'm currently in the middle of Luc Sante's Low Life: Lures and Snares of Old New York. It's the first history book I've read in awhile, although it's also popular, as opposed to academic, history. I mean, it's definitely in the former category. It's got a lot of information but it's also very sensational and Sante actually admits he's more interested in building a "mythology" of New York City. Plus, he doesn't source virtually anything. His footnotes are very scant. Great, entertaining book, but sketchy.

And also: for my fellow Blogger users, I've compiled a list of all sites that offer backgrounds, templates, and other decorations. You can find it here. There's about 90 but I have to say that most of them are pretty indistinguishable. What's with that "scrapbooky" look everyone's into? And some are so cluttered! But there are some gems there.

So anyway, I promise, no vampires for awhile. I've vampired this blog out for the time being. Happy reading!

And now for your weekly link round-up:

"Amaurot"

Anne Rice Weights in on True Blood and Twilight

Counting Counts

Inspirações Cor de Rosa

This is what a feminist vampire looks like

"True Blood" epiphany: If Bill Compton were a black man, he'd be Clarence Thomas

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails