Sunday, April 11, 2010

Read-a-Thon Update #9: The Hungry Readers Mini-Challenge

It's 3:00 am and I just had another cup of coffee. Which brings me to Shel and Monica's mini-challenge:

For this challenge, we want to read about or see the foods and drinks that are keeping you awake and reading. Possibilities include answering one or a few of the following questions. What's your reading fuel? And how much of this food or drink have you consumed during the readathon? . . . Are you actually considering using an IV of caffeine?

I don't have an IV, no, but I have consumed ungodly amounts of coffee. I mean, I usually drink a lot of coffee but this has gotten ridiculous. I had a total of 8 cups during the day - the first four at 7:30 am and the rest at 8 pm - and now there's this cup I'm having now! It's insane!

So here I sit, drinking my coffee, reading about Sam and Frodo slowly wearing down from fatigue in their ongoing quest across the scorched desert of Gorgoroth, deep in the land of Mordor, as they try to reach Mount Doom to cast the cursed Ring into its fires. They could really use some caffeine too, but they have this Elf food that seems to keep them sufficiently energized.

1 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm afraid to have some coffee this late, but maybe i should try something less caffeinated...some tea maybe?

You are doing good making it this far into the readathon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails