Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon Update #6

Wooooo! My goal of making serious headway in The Return of the King is being realized as I write! I have read well over 100 pages and have reached the part where Aragorn heals Faramir. I can't wait to return to Sam and Frodo in Mordor!

And what a difference between this great classic of epic fantasy and its contemporary imitator, The Ninth Avatar, which I also read for this read-a-thon. Newton is but a pale reflection of the glory that is Tolkien. This book is awesome.

Keep up the good work everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock!

Reading is fun
Reading is great
Hope you’re able
To stay up late!

Richard said...

I had a nice day with BolaƱo, Perec, and a little Proust, but now it's time for bed. Good luck with the rest of your readathon, E.L. Fay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails