Saturday, December 5, 2009

Read-a-Thon Update #2













It's now 2:00 pm EST, three hours since my last update. I've been reading for most of that time, with a break for lunch and about a half-hour spent walking my dogs. It's a good thing I did - it's just started snowing! But I doubt it will stick.

I am now on page 257 out of 287 of The Magician of Lhasa! Just about there! This review should be a breeze. Actually, all Trapdoor Books is really looking for is a one- or two-sentence endorsement, but I would think this book deserves a bit more.

Update 2:20: It is sticking! Oh joy!

Further update: Before I begin my review, here's my little endorsement for The Magician of Lhasa I just sent to Trapdoor Books:

"A blend of character study, adventure story, quantum theory, and Buddhist primer, The Magician of Lhasa is a novel rich in ideas, yet fast-paced and accessible. David Michie, a long-practicing Buddhist, will definitely spark the interest of any reader."

The Magician of Lhasa will be released December 7th.

3 comments:

raych said...

Ooh, nothing nicer than reading indoors when the weather is inclement.

Bitsy said...

Congrats on finishing a book. That lends a nice sense of accomplishment, doesn't it? You can keep the snow though, brr!

Anonymous said...

That book sounds really interesting - can't wait for your full review. Hurray for finishing! Keep going strong. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails