Saturday, October 24, 2009

24-Hour Read-a-Thon START

It is 8:42 a.m. I should have begun 42 minutes ago. I even woke up at 6 but I kept hitting the snooze button and didn't get out of bed until 8:10. Then I had to take the dogs out, give them their food, and refill their water bowls. Then I started my coffee. Our coffee maker was due for replacement a long time ago and literally takes a half-hour to make four cups. So now I am still waiting for it to finish.

I think I'll start out with some poetry, just to get myself into the mood. Maybe Sylvia Plath is too dark, but out of all the poets I've selected she's the one I'm least familiar with, so I don't think I'll get bored.

Once I get my coffee and a little something to eat, I'm off! Don't know how things will progress, but we'll see.

My complete Read-a-Thon list is here.

6 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

At least your coffee will be well-appreciated when it is finally made!

Good luck with the read-a-thon!

Anonymous said...

I'll be here to cheer you on! I did read-a-thon yesterday because I am traveling today. Good luck!!!!! :D

Aarti said...

Poetry is a nice start to the read-a-thon, I think. Hopefully not too difficult to understand :-)

Lenore Appelhans said...

best of luck today!

Belle said...

Good luck - I'll be here cheering you on!

Eileen said...

Thanks everyone!

(RR: Whew! Your post scared me! I thought I had gotten the dates wrong and was starting a day late!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails