Saturday, October 24, 2009

24-Hour Read-a-Thon: A Musical Mini-Challenge

I just found this mini-challenge on Fizzy Thoughts. I LOVE music so it's just perfect for me!

I know a lot of readers are also fans of music. So for this mini-challenge we’re going to give our eyes a break and focus on our ears. I’d like you to post a song that reminds you of the read-a-thon, or that you love to read to, or that makes you think of a particular book. You can either embed a video of the song, or post the lyrics. And don’t forget to include a sentence or two as to why you’re sharing that particular song! Easy-peasie, right? Originally, I was thinking of making you run a marathon, but I thought this might go over a bit better.

Ooooh, tough one. I can think of several.

Apocalyptica's "I'm Not Jesus" makes me think of Suzane Adam's Laundry, even though the lyrics don't fit exactly. (Lyrics)



Flowing Tears's "For Tonight" is a song of disillusionment that recalls a lot of the post-WWI Lost Generations authors (i.e. Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Eliot). (Lyrics)



Tristania's "Beyond the Veil" reminds me of the whole vampire genre. (Lyrics)



Metallica's "One" is pretty obvious. It's based on Johnny Got His Gun, and clips of the movie were even used in the video. (Lyrics)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that first song!

I'll have to come back later and listen to them all, since the boyfriend has the tv on.

Thanks for joining in...glad you like the challenge!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I did not do this mint challenge - you picked some good ones.

You've been doing great! Hasn't the time flown by? It's always get to take a break and blog hop to wish everyone well. Happy Reading.

Related Posts with Thumbnails