Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

• Grab your current read.
• Let the book fall open to a random page.
• Share with us two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
• You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from. That way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!

Dracula by Bram Stoker
Page 135 - Since, however, Dr. Van Hellsing has been with me, all this bad dreaming seems to have passed away; the noises that used to frighten me out of my wits - the flapping against the windows, the distant voices which seemed so close to me, the harsh sounds that came from I know not where and commanded me to do what I know not what - have all ceased. I go to bed now without any fear of sleep.

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
Page 99 - God bless the namers of oil paints and high-class women's underwear, Snowman thinks. Rose-Petal Pink, Crimson Lake, Sheer Mist, Burnt Umber, Ripe Plum, Indigo, Ultramarine - they're fantasies in themselves, such words and phrases.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

I've been meaning to read Dracula forever, and I love that quote from Atwood!

LN said...

That's funny. I think I'm going to participate as well :-)

Eileen said...

JoAnn: I'm not very far into it yet, but I love what I've read so far. And Atwood's Oryx and Crake is strongly recommended.

LN: Lots of book bloggers participate. There's a website - just google "teaser tuesday."

Related Posts with Thumbnails