Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

Having finished Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh, I found myself facing a literary void. I mean, I had nothing new to read. So I returned to An American Tragedy, which is actually starting to pick up, and to Michael McGerr's A Fierce Discontent: The Rise and Fall of the Progressive Movement, which actually covers the time period in which An American Tragedy takes place. I did go to Barnes & Noble yesterday, where I purchased Herman Hesse's Demian, so I'll be reading that shortly.

Sorry I don't have much to say. This week was an uneventful one for reading.

3 comments:

Frances said...

Uneventful blogging week for me. But I did manage to read quite a bit. And thanks for linking to me and Claire for Bolano read-along. It looks like there will be quite a group of us. Very motivating. I hope.

Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I read An American Tragedy during a long, hot summer many years ago! I do remember having a bit of a struggle, but being pleased with it in the end.

Eileen said...

Aaaah! I've been so bad about responding to comments!Frances: Thanks for providing the challenge! I've been wanting to read that book for awhile now, but now I'm actually motivated!

Ravenous: It's definitely picking up, but I'm glad you found it worthwhile. I'm just bothered that it's, well, a tragedy and I'm going to end up feeling too much for the characters.

Related Posts with Thumbnails